Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in State of Maine Office of Information Technology & they are Hiring Candidates for Technical Support Specialist
Company Name : State of Maine Office of Information Technology
Company Location : Augusta, ME 04330
Job Position : Technical Support Specialist
Job Category : Jobs in Maine
Job Description :
Office of Information Technology (MaineIT)
Technical Support Specialist – Network Services Physical/Outside Plant
OPENS: October 25, 2022
CLOSING: November 08, 2022
The Department of Administrative and Financial Services (DAFS) Office of Information Technology (MaineIT) provides information technology support to over 13,000 employees. MaineIT oversees large scale enterprise applications that support the critical and diverse business needs of the State of Maine and its agencies.
MaineIT is seeking a highly talented individual who will represent our C.A.R.E. values in all that they do. At MaineIT we:
- Practice Customer-focus, ensuring that our customers are heard, and their needs are met.
- Hold ourselves to a high level of Accountability by being transparent with our stakeholders.
- Maintain an effective level of Responsiveness by providing timely updates in a proactive manner.
- Strive to provide Empathy driven, people-focused services by applying emotional intelligence skills and behaviors.
ABOUT THE JOB DETAILS:
The Office of Information Technology provides a full range of enterprise technologies to support the citizens of Maine. These technologies are dependent upon a robust, redundant and highly architected fiber optic network for which this position will be responsible for. This is a complex position that demands technical, communication, documentation and collaboration skills. Work is performed under limited supervision and is often performed in outside or industrial environments. Position is based in Augusta.
Hybrid Work Opportunity – The employee in this position currently has the opportunity to work from home as much as 90% of the time.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
This position is responsible for managing the construction and maintenance of the State of Maine’s plant infrastructure. This position will be responsible for designing detailed engineering plans, costs and schedules related to projects. Success in this position will require the ability to engineer innovative solutions to engineering problems. An in-depth understanding about outside plant construction techniques, issues related to fiber networking, routing, and network management are essential to this position.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
You will have a chance to show off your skills, and work in a collaborative team environment with highly skilled technical and business-minded individuals. You will have opportunities to grow, develop, and learn new skills as we advance to newly developing technologies. You will be working in an environment that cares about people and in a place where we enjoy our work. You will be expected to manage your work at the highest technical level with a professional image and limited supervision.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
(These are required to successfully perform the work assigned)
- Ability to manage and oversee multiple projects/activities simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing at the technical and non-technical level.
- Ability to perform research and make recommendations to management.
- Ability to perform work requiring lifting and/or physical exertion.
- Ability to serve in a support role to multiple teams.
- Knowledge, understanding and application of basic electrical and electronic theory and the practical application of electrical and electronic principles and practices.
- Knowledge, understanding and application of the configuration, operation and integration of information technology equipment and systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of, and ability to use specialized electronic test equipment used in the IT environment.
- Knowledge and proper application of IT hardware, firmware and software standards as developed and published by official standards bodies and institutions.
- Knowledge of wireless, microwave, HVAC and WLAN equipment and systems, and the ability to evaluate, specify, procure, deploy, program, configure, operate and maintain such equipment and systems.
- Ability to effectively comprehend and apply technical publications, equipment and systems manuals and instructions.
- Ability to read, understand and apply electrical and electronic schematic diagrams, notes and support documentation.
- Ability to read, understand, evaluate, and apply technical publications, specifications, application notes and engineering criteria of electrical and electronic hardware, equipment and systems.
- Ability to read, understand, evaluate and effectively critique blueprints, drawings, plans and other technical documents as they relate to the IT environment.
- Ability to develop internal IT standards in the support of IT equipment and systems deployment.
- Ability to effectively evaluate situations and conditions in the field and to make appropriate and effective routine and “on-the-fly” decisions, as necessary.
- Ability to use CAD in support of the design of IT infrastructure within State owned and leased buildings and properties.
- Ability to provide technical and general input to RFP development and publication, and to effectively evaluate resultant proposals in the selection of contracted goods and services.
- Ability to use hand tools in the deployment of IT equipment and systems.
- Ability to effectively direct and manage subordinate employees and contracted services, carriers/providers in the completion of tasks and projects.
- Ability to effectively consult with and provide liaison to agency customer representatives.
(Entry level knowledges, skills, and/or abilities may be acquired through, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO the following coursework/training and/or experience).
A minimum of 6 years of a combination of related post-secondary education, technical certifications, or technology related work experience. Related training, internship experience etc. may be credited as related experience on a month-per-month basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants need to apply online by selecting the “Apply for this opening” button along with uploading a cover letter and current resume.
Resume’ and Cover Letter must be submitted in order to be considered for an interview. Application deadline: November 08, 2022
All current MaineIT Job postings can be found here: « Openings at State of Maine Office of Information Technology
JOB CLASS CODE: 0870 POSITION: 004250313 PAY GRADE: 27 – ($61,297.60 – $82,867.20/yr.)*
- Includes a 15% recruitment and retention salary adjustment. In addition to the above base salary this position is eligible for a training bonus applied for the duration of employment in this position.
- Work-Life Balance – Rest is essential. Take time for yourself using 13 paid holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and 3+ weeks of vacation leave Vacation leave accrual increases with years of service, and overtime-exempt employees receive personal leave.
- Health Insurance Coverage– The State of Maine pays 85%-100% of employee-only premiums ($10,996.70-$12,937.34 annual value), depending on salary. Use this chart to find the premium costs for you and your family, including the percentage of dependent coverage paid by the State.
- Health Insurance Premium Credit– Participation decreases employee-only premiums by 5%. Visit the Office of Employee Health and Wellness for more information about program requirements.
- Dental Insurance– The State of Maine pays 100% of employee-only dental premiums ($379.60 annual value).
- Retirement Plan– The State of Maine contributes 16% of pay to the Maine Public Employees Retirement System (MainePERS), on behalf of the employee.
- Gym Membership Reimbursement– Improve overall health with regular exercise and receive up to $40 per month to offset this expense.
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts– Set aside money pre-tax to help pay for out-of-pocket health care expenses and/or daycare expenses.
- Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness– The State of Maine is a qualified employer for this federal program. For more information, visit the Federal Student Aid office.
- Living Resources Program – Navigate challenging work and life situations with our employee assistance program.
- Parental leaveis one of the most important benefits for any working parent. All employees who are welcoming a child—including fathers and adoptive parents—receive four weeks of fully paid parental leave. Additional, unpaid leave may also be available, under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Voluntary Deferred Compensation– Save additional pre-tax funds for retirement in a MaineSaves 457(b) account through payroll deductions.
- Learn aboutadditional wellness benefits for State employees from the Office of Employee Health and Wellness.
- Maine State Government is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in