Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in CEMEX & they are Hiring Candidates for Technician Quality Control
Company Name : CEMEX
Company Location : Demopolis, AL 36732
Job Position : Technician Quality Control
Job Category : Jobs in Alabama
Job Description :
Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years’ CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers. For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/.
Under the direction of the Quality Control Supervisor, the Quality Control Technician’s main function is to verify that the product produced in the plant meets quality standards necessary to conform to specifications.
- Responsible for verifying that the product conforms to quality control specifications
- Responsible for ACI testing in the Ready Mix plants and ASTM in the Cement plants
- Performs work according to specification sheets and forwards to supervisors as needed
- Performs necessary testing on pit material, military base jobs, and other projects
- Will perform clean-up and/or direct his/her crew in the clean-up work as necessary to keep tools, equipment, and working areas clean, orderly, and safe
- Responsibile for the understanding of the impact on mix changes to the Kiln process (specific to Cement plants)
- Adhere to all CEMEX, O.S.H.A. and M.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times
- Wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- 4 years in a similar industry preferred
- Associates degree in applied science or at least 2 years of cement plant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Be able to work all hours and shifts including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Operate a computer proficiently including the use of company quality software and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to efficiently work with numbers and calculators
- Ability to physically perform the essential job functions for the position
- Must be knowledgeable of ASTM standards
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, turning, climbing to a significant degree, and/or pulling of controls
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX offers both competitive pay and benefits. Benefits applicable to this position may include, but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off, and Holiday Pay, as well as a comprehensive wellness program to help keep employees and their families healthy and well. You can learn more about CEMEX Benefits by visiting the CEMEX USA Benefits and Well-Being page. (https://www.cemexusa.com/careers/life-at-cemex/benefits-well-being).
EEO Statement – En Español
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in