Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Ada County Highway District & they are Hiring Candidates for Traffic Operations or Assistant Traffic Operations Engineer
Company Name : Ada County Highway District
Company Location : Garden City, ID 83714
Job Position : Traffic Operations or Assistant Traffic Operations Engineer
Job Category : Jobs in Idaho
Job Description :
or Assistant Traffic Operations Engineer
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for the exempt position of Traffic Operations Engineer or Assistant Traffic Operations Engineer in the Congestion Management Department. Starting wage is $64,688.00 – $83,408.00 per year, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays paid parental leave, 401K match and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI). These positions are eligible for a sign on bonus.
- Under the supervision of the Congestion Management Supervisor, the Traffic Operations (Ops) Engineer/Asst. Traffic Ops Engineer plans, organizes and implements traffic flow and safety improvements, including signal timing and coordination; makes adjustments to signal timing for construction, special events and incidents that result in detours and/or lane closures.
- Investigates and resolves traffic signal operations-related problems and complaints; communicates with individual citizens via phone and in writing regarding the operation of traffic signals.
- Will assist in the operation of the Traffic Management Center (TMC).
Qualifications: The successful candidate must have considerable knowledge of traffic engineering principles and practices, traffic signal operations and software applications such as Synchro and HCS. The candidate must also have considerable knowledge of traffic laws and regulations (MUTCD) and street and road construction practices. The successful candidate must have proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Traffic Ops Engineer: A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related Engineering field is required. Must be a registered Professional Engineer (PE) in Idaho or able to obtain PE within one year. Or, an extensive combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience may be acceptable.
- Assistant Traffic Ops Engineer: A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Traffic Engineering or related Engineering field is required. Possession of an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) within one year is also required. Or, any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience may be acceptable.
A completed application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., November 10, 2022.
Applications are available at 3775 Adams St., Garden City, ID 83714 or by selecting one of the following links:
- Online Employment Application
- Employment Application (Microsoft Word format)
- Employment Application (Adobe Acrobat format)
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in