Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Jensen Construction Company & they are Hiring Candidates for Tug Boat Operator
Company Name : Jensen Construction Company
Company Location : Pierre, SD
Job Position : Tug Boat Operator
Job Category : Jobs in South Dakota
Job Description :
Jensen Construction Company has been in business since 1912 and is the oldest operating subsidiary of the Rasmussen Group specializing in bridge building, heavy construction and marine contracts. It has always been a privately held company and is owned, operated, and managed by the fourth generation of Jensen family members. The company is a heavy highway contractor that does a majority of its work in the public sector, with a primary emphasis in bridge construction. Jensen Construction Company is based in the Midwest and has completed projects all over the United States.
The Tugboat Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining a tug or push boat in a marine construction environment. Wages start at $35 per hour + a $1,000 sign on bonus and $70 per diem per workday.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate a tugboat and being able to push and tow a barge(s).
- Operate in proximity of work areas to anticipate the needs of the crew.
- Prepare tools and operate boats and equipment for crew members for the work being performed.
- Maintain all vessel equipment in good working order and ensure that vessel is clean.
- Complete Daily Boat Maintenance Log/Checklist.
- Comply with safety practices, rules, and regulations while performing job duties.
- Facilitate alignment, movement of boats, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Assist in performing maintenance as needed.
- Keep work areas clean and organized.
- Work as a team and fulfill any and all other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Highly competitive base pay, plus sign-on bonus and per diem!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance programs.
- Group retirement savings program.
- Health and wellness programs.
- PTO and Holiday pay.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in marine/civil construction projects and/or barge fleeting required.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction and paving and can use such tools properly and safely.
- Ability to read, write, and accurately perform basic mathematical functions including adding, subtracting, multiplication and division.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must possess knowledge of Company policies and procedures, including safety.
- Must consistently produce and efficient, accurate work product.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by waterways.
- Ability to see objects at a distance, at close range, in low light conditions, in the presence of a glare or bright lighting.
- Must be at least 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass post-offer employment drug testing, medical exams, and physical agilities testing.
- Must have an active driver’s license.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers and/or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment.
- Able to stand, walk, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk and hear.
- Able to use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must have the strength, mobility, agility, and balance to ascend access ladders and steps, and to maneuver on equipment and vehicles without assistance.
- Must be able to exert up to 10-20 lbs constantly to move objects, 25-50 lbs of force frequently and 50-100 lbs of force occasionally.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat.
- The employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee may be exposed to risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Work schedule is Monday through Friday with weekend and some holiday and evening work required. Generally, 45+ hours per week.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in