Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Beaumont Health & they are Hiring Candidates for Ultrasound Technologist
Company Name : Beaumont Health
Company Location : Royal Oak, MI 48073
Job Position : Ultrasound Technologist
Job Category : Jobs in Michigan
Job Description :
SIGNING BONUS $5000
Under site designate leader, and according to established policies and procedures performs accurate and efficient Ultrasound exams utilizing appropriate imaging equipment, independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. Technologists must demonstrate good clinical skills and provide the best possible images for interpretation. Follows Beaumont philosophy of Patient and Family Centered Care at all times.
- Verifies patient identification and physician order.
- Provides procedural information/education to the patient/family prior to each exam.
- Acquires an accurate patient history and documents in the medical record.
- Performs Ultrasound and related patient care procedures using age appropriate methods for patient’s physical ability and/or limitations.
- Proficiently operates ultrasound imaging equipment and performs necessary quality control and quality assurance testing.
- Monitors patients during procedures to ensure patient safety.
- Reviews ultrasound images with the Radiologist as necessary.
- Ensures STAT requests are relayed to radiologist in a timely manner.
- When required, assists with procedures using sterile technique, receives and documents samples for lab processing. Disposes of fluids according to biohazard protocols.
- Ensures equipment is wiped down between patients and exam room is clean and properly stocked with linen and supplies.
- Accurately and efficiently uses hospital computer systems for verifying orders, viewing schedules and sending information to PAC’s.
- Uses effective inter/intra-departmental communication and participates with medical staff, management, technical and support staff.
- Assist in training new staff/students.
- Verifies correct patient, correct exam / final verification, clarify questionable orders with ordering physician or Radiologist.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
- Graduate of Diagnostic Ultrasound Program or equivalent.
- Work Experience:
- Minimal as gained at student level.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Registered by American Registry Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Registry eligible, paid at the trainee rate for up to 1 year.
- If unregistered must obtain at least one (ABD or OB/GYN) within 1 year from hire. Additional registry within two years from date of hire.
- If registered at hire additional registry must be obtained within 1 year from hire.
- Other Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers at hire through the American Heart Association.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- Relocation assistance
- Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- NEW On-demand pay program – ask your recruiter about details
- Physical Effort:
- Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 30 lb. objects with assistance of others; occasionally requires ability to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with assistance; and frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
- Position requires employee to constantly perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires employee to frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning patients.
- Position requires employee to constantly perform gross body coordination. Frequently perform tasks which require hand-eye coordination such as collecting of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which require arm-hand steadiness.
- Position requires employee to constantly walk and stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods; frequently bending such as when caring for a patient in bed.
- Position requires employee to constantly see objects far away as in driving and see close objects such as reading computer screens.
- Position requires employee to constantly be able to hear normal sounds with some background noise as in answering phone/intercom. Be able to distinguish sound as in equipment alarms.
- Work Environment:
- Employee may be: Occasionally exposed to hazardous material such as blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxins, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud and or unpleasant noises: seldom exposed to, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous substances; fluctuations in temperature, grease, and oil.
Beaumont offers you a world of opportunity throughout Southeast Michigan. With eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites you’ll have a wide variety of practice settings to choose from. Beaumont has more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health system.
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
Location: Beaumont Health · Fetal Monitoring
Schedule: Full time, Days, 7:15-5:45
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in