Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in City of Columbia, MO & they are Hiring Candidates for Volunteer Program Specialist
Company Name : City of Columbia, MO
Company Location : Columbia, MO
Job Position : Volunteer Program Specialist
Job Category : Jobs in Missouri
Job Description :
- Manage the department’s volunteer recruitment programs by publicizing volunteer opportunities through the City’s “volunteer clearinghouse”.
- Serve as the point of contact for inquiries related to volunteering opportunities and screen volunteer applications.
- Serve as a liaison between City staff across all departments and volunteers to fill volunteer needs for projects and City-sponsored events.
- Track the tasks completed and hours of volunteers and perform follow-up to evaluate their experiences and the program’s effectiveness.
- Develop volunteer positions and opportunities in cooperation with City staff and departments to further the mission and work of the City.
- Manage the City’s Adopt A Spot Beautification Program that includes more than 100 landscaped areas along streets maintained by volunteers.
- Promote the City’s volunteer programs by presenting at special events and composing reports.
- Perform administrative tasks for volunteer programs such as record-keeping, budget administration, and drafting correspondence.
- Administer the City’s volunteer recognition program to promote continued community involvement in City initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Experience administering volunteer-based organizations or community service programs.
- Experience serving as a volunteer.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Familiarity with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office suite and basic desktop software.
- Ability to effectively communicate to the press, government organizations, and general public to promote the City’s volunteer programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully develop positive intergovernmental, private sector and community relationships.
- Ability to organize and coordinate a broad range of special projects and programs.
- Must be able available to work evenings and weekends in order to assist at volunteer events and represent the City during special events.
- General office conditions. Exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Required to use close vision and be able to focus.
- Regularly required to talk, listen and sit; occasionally required to stand to conduct presentations and media events.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
TTY: 711 (MO RELAY)
THE CITY OF COLUMBIA IS A MERIT, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: MALE / FEMALE
THE CITY OF COLUMBIA REQUIRES PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING
The City of Columbia participates in the federal
E-Verify work authorization program
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in