Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in University of North Dakota & they are Hiring Candidates for Web Application Developer
Company Name : University of North Dakota
Company Location : Grand Forks, ND 58202
Job Position : Web Application Developer
Job Category : Jobs in North Dakota
Job Description :
The Web Applications Developer is part of a collaborative team within University IT tasked with delivering enterprise-level applications, software, websites, and other technical solutions. The Web Applications Developer is responsible for the design, development, management, and maintenance of systems, which may be in-house developed or vendor provided. Some duties include requirements gathering, database design, development, data management, and system integrations for new and existing software and applications. The position reports to the Web Development Manager and works closely with developers and system administrators. A portion of this position’s duties is the development and maintenance of the UND Student Portal application in coordination with other team members and campus units.
Candidates seeking remote work will be considered.
Benefits include single or family health care coverage (UND pays the full premium), life insurance, employee assistance program, retirement plans with generous employer contributions, annual & sick leave in addition to 11 paid holidays.
Optional benefits include supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
UND also offers an employee tuition waiver and a variety of professional development opportunities.
Find out more about UND’s great benefits and perks here!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain software, applications, databases, data integrations, and other systems
- Work with web, mobile, and client applications to fill needs such as data collection, reporting, system integrations, payment handling, and more.
- Develop with a variety of web programming languages and frameworks, such as PHP, Coldfusion, Java/J2EE, Laravel.
- Design and develop highly secure databases, and work with a variety of data sources and formats.
- Develop reusable application elements such as frameworks and templates to improve the efficiency of the web team.
- Create integrations between systems using various methods such as APIs, webhooks, data exports, or other automated processes.
- Build and maintain assets and modules, including those using content management systems such as OmniUpdate and WordPress.
- Work with server setup and configuration, networking, and application request cycle in the context of web applications.
- Follow a development methodology to reduce errors in code and allow for scalability.
- Ensure quality assurance through unit testing, vulnerability testing, and other methods.
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing applications and identify areas for code improvement and refactoring.
- Effectively use code source control (Git) and project/ticket tracking software.
- Provide regular maintenance, updates, support, and enhancements.
- Ensure high standards of customer service are delivered while providing support and responding to user feedback or concerns.
- Develop user interfaces or front-end elements, and ensure accessibility and usability meets standards
- Develop reusable visual elements such as templates, style guides, web graphics, icons, illustrations, animations, and multimedia for web developers, content developers, and content management systems.
- Utilize semantic and clean HTML/CSS to develop rapid interface prototypes.
- Monitor, test, and optimize usability, performance, accessibility, and compatibility of applications and websites.
- Follow best practices and standards, including accessibility guidelines in all design and development.
- Use and promote usability principles and guidelines such as responsive web design and mobile-friendly development.
- Evaluate applications and websites with web analytics software. Make improvements to the structure, navigation, and other site components as necessary based on usability, traffic, and marketing focus.
- Create reusable toolkits for developers to ensure consistent styling and branding across applications.
- Collaborate with members of the development team to review code, create documentation, improve efficiency, and recommend ideas
- Create documentation and recommendations for systems, infrastructure, and other technology.
- Participate in code reviews to increase the effectiveness of the team’s code.
- Participate in gathering functional requirements to determine how to accomplish project needs.
- Manage projects and tasks to deliver effective solutions to customers on time.
- Communicate directly and effectively with project stakeholders.
- Brainstorm new projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with team members within UIT and other campus areas.
- Be able to think critically and problem-solve to respond quickly to issues and user needs.
- Increase the ability of the Web Applications team to develop applications with a user-centric focus.
- Provide design, development, and support for the UND portal
- Perform the tasks defined in the duties listed above for the UND portal (mobile application and browser based).
- Work closely with Marketing to plan, develop, design, launch, and support various features in the portal.
- Research new technologies in web development and assess their application for new or existing projects
- Understand aspects of various UND campus units to effectively develop and manage websites, web applications, and information systems.
- Research emerging trends in languages, frameworks, methodologies, and best practices.
- Analyze how new tools and ideas can be best be implemented.
- Perform small-scale test projects to explore ideas to improve processes, code, or existing applications.
- Report findings to the entire team on a regular basis.
- Work with the web and web applications teams, other UND and NDUS staff, external offices, internal and external clients, contractors, and vendors to problem-solve questions and technical issues and provide backup technical assistance.
- Serve as a contributing member of University Information Technology and University of North Dakota staff
- Complete timesheets by the due date 80% or more of the time and track time in the tracking system.
- Document and update projects in the tracking system to track project progress.
- Develop and maintain contact with people in key positions pertinent to other duties and responsibilities.
- Attend conferences, webinars, and seminars.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Serve on campus-wide committees and participate in campus-wide meetings when applicable.
- Maintain confidential information in all aspects of the position in accordance with applicable compliance requirements (FERPA, HIPPA, PCI Compliance, etc.)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical, technical, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical users
- Familiarity with three-tier development (web servers, application servers, database servers).
- Understanding of semantic HTML code, user-centered design, usability, and accessibility.
- Object oriented design principles and how they relate to web development.
- Understanding of agile methods, including test driven development, refactoring, and adaptability to change.
- Ability to think creatively, quickly learn new technologies and languages, and adapt to changes.
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree or Associate Degree and 3+ years of directly work-related experience or 5+ years of directly work-related experience in web application or software development
- 2+ years experience in web or software development.
- 2+ years experience utilizing relational databases, i.e. MySQL, MSSQL, etc.
- 1+ or more years of experience developing standards-compliant HTML and CSS.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Successful completion of criminal history records check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Experience developing using PHP (Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter, etc), Coldfusion (Coldbox, FW/1, CFWheels, etc.), Java (J2EE, Spring, Servlets, etc.).
- Experience with mobile applications, content management systems, and data integrations
- Experience with jQuery, AngularJS, or Ajax-based solutions.
- User interface and design experience.
- Experience with source control systems (i.e. Git, Mercurial, etc.) and ticket tracking or project management software.
- Experience working with enterprise level multi-tiered deployment environments, i.e. Development, Testing, Staging, Production.
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification
$50,000+ / year; exempt; benefited; full-time
This position is open until filled.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three or more finalists who will be invited to campus.
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in