Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in City of Bloomington, MN & they are Hiring Candidates for WIC Clerk
Company Name : City of Bloomington, MN
Company Location : 1800 West Old Shakopee Road, Bloomington, MN
Job Position : WIC Clerk
Job Category : Jobs in Minnesota
Job Description :
Approximately 20 hours of per week, generally during the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday – Friday. Occasional evenings needed. This position is not eligible for remote work.
CITY VALUES & EXPECTATIONS
- Models and contributes to a positive work environment, culture of communication, engagement and safety
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with employees and the general public, including but not limited to those of diverse racial, ethnic, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Works cooperatively as a member of a team; develops and maintains effective working relationships with diverse coworkers and community members; consistently brings a high level of self-awareness and empathy to all personal interactions
- Embrace the City’s shared values and contribute towards accomplishing the City’s vision and goals by being creative, innovative, continuously learning, and communicating clearly.
- Greets participants of the WIC program with courtesy, and communicates to participants their rights and responsibilities and the use of WIC benefits.
- Receives incoming calls to WIC and answers questions.
- Schedules client appointments in software scheduling program.
- Maintains client confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Sends reminder calls and or text messages to clients.
- Mails or personally hands out necessary items to clients.
- May provide language interpretation for clients as needed.
- Works in collaboration with WIC supervisor and co-workers to determine best processes to complete work.
- Responds to inquiries about WIC and public health services and makes appropriate referrals and links to community resources.
- Performs public health emergency response functions as trained and assigned within the department’s emergency response plan.
- Works the hours and/or shifts assigned and begins, and ends work on time with some evening hours.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Completes job development trainings as needed.
- Communicates appropriately and effectively with people from various racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Works cooperatively with others; develops and maintains respectful and effective working relationships with diverse coworkers and community members; consistently brings a high level of self-awareness and empathy to all personal interactions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with people (both employees and the general public) from various racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Customer service focus
- Skills to use the phone and computer regularly.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to effectively identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to work flexible hours Monday through Friday; occasionally working evening to meet client needs
- Experience supporting people from diverse cultures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license, car insurance and dependable car or access to reliable transportation required to perform job duties.
- Speaks English and Spanish or Somali fluently (languages most common in the community).
- College degree or certificate in a field that is related to helping people (for example, psychology, social work, community health worker, etc.).
- Experience working with children, adults and/or families who are at high risk for poor health outcomes (i.e., low socio-economic or mental health issues).
- Experience providing customer service via phone support or in person
- Experience utilizing computer scheduling software.
- Experience working with language interpreters.
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience working in an office setting.
- Ability to speak a language, other than English and Spanish/Somali, that is prevalent in the community. (Vietnamese, Chinese Mandarin, Cambodian, etc.)
- Interest in learning new technology and or virtual platforms.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Must maintain ability to travel to trainings or off-site clinics as assigned.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $27.15 – $28.83 Hourly
Part-Time; Non-Exempt; Non-Union; Benefits Ineligible
In the first 5 years of part-time employment, employees earn 1 hour of PTO for every 14 hours worked. Employees with 6 to 10 years of service earn 1 hour of PTO for every 12 hours worked, and those with 11 or more years of part-time service earn 1 hour of PTO for every 10 hours worked.
Ongoing part-time employees who are expected to be employed for more than 6 months will make contributions to the pension program (PERA) through payroll deductions unless they qualify for one of the exemptions.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in