Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in CASES & they are Hiring Candidates for Youth Worker
Company Name : CASES
Company Location : 4 West 125th Street, New York, NY 10027
Job Position : Youth Worker
Job Category : Jobs in New York
Job Description :
The Education, Career, and Enrichment (ECE) department at CASES specializes in serving youth and young adults impacted by the criminal legal system. The Assertive Community Engagement & Success (ACES) program seeks a Youth Worker that can develop transformative relationships with participants of an innovative South Bronx and Harlem neighborhood-based program for young men who may not have started but can strive to overcome threatening environments and system involvement to find the path to educational achievement, vocational training, and employment. The young people ACES serves will be engaged in high-risk behaviors. Services through ACES happen primarily in the community. ACES serves young men ages 16-24 who reside in East Harlem and the South Bronx.
By developing long-term, multi-year relationships with young people, CASES will meet the young people where they are (literally, with extensive services in the community) to open new opportunities. The safety of our participants and staff is paramount as we continue to see our work make an impact and grow.
This position is full time, M-F and is 100% in person. Schedules are 10am-6pm
All applicants must comply with CASES/NYC’s vaccination policy. Individuals selected for employment cannot begin working until they provide verification that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with an FDA-authorized vaccine) or submit and gain approval for a Medical or Religious Exemption. Individuals approved for exemption must submit weekly PCR test results.
Requirements: Valid Driver’s License
Travel: Travel is expected between our Bronx and Harlem sites via CASES vehicle and/or public transportation
Reports To: Team Leader of Youth Work
- Develop trusting/transformative relationships with youth referred and found eligible for the program
- Have contact with youth 2-3 times per week in person in the community
- Develop a strong relationship with the communities served by ACES
- Escort participants to appointments
- Participate and facilitate in-office programming
- Manage the stress related to the intensity of the work by adopting self-care strategies, effectively utilizing supervision and team meetings, and participating in team building and team stress reduction activities
- Effectively use program database to track work and ensure program performance is effectively measured.
- And other duties as assigned by the Team Leader or Director
- Attend trips and activities with the team
- Participate in Trainings
- Meet with Team Leader weekly for supervision
- Be a designated driver as needed
- Deep passion for working with youth and young adults impacted by the criminal legal system with the understanding that ACES participants are not mandated and will require a new approach to youth work
- A willingness to adhere to an evolving model with the understanding that ACES is intended to be different from other programming
- A belief that ACES participants, community members and team members have the ability and capacity for change
- Strong communication skills
- An understanding of whom ACES serves and the environments they live in
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive a 15-passenger van
- Please submit a cover letter and resume
- Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Pay & Benefits
- This is a full-time non-exempt role; annual salary $51,000
- As a full-time employee of CASES, you will receive our comprehensive list of benefit programs, which you can review on our website’s career page.
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in